Have a favorite scripture? Most of us do. Here’s a few that are power-packed to help you get through a difficult time. We encourage you to grab hold of the Word of God and never let it go. The harder the struggle the tighter your hold needs to be on God’s Word. We have to be like the writer of Psalm 119 who said: “Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path. I’ve promised it once, and I’ll promise it again: I will obey your righteous regulations…The wicked have set their traps for me, but I will not turn from your commandments. Your laws are my treasure; they are my heart’s delight.” (verses 105-106, 110-111).
Get God’s Word in your ears, out of your mouth and into your spirit. Don’t settle for anything less than God’s perfect plan for you. Don’t settle and say, “Well, if it’s God’s will for me to have victory I guess He’ll just give it to me. If it’s His will for me to be healed, He’ll just heal me.”
No! Absolutely not! Know that it is His will. He did give it to you. By His stripes you were healed. Now you must take God’s Word as your heritage. You have to aggressively pursue it and get it in your heart and mouth. You have to fight off every unbelieving devil and every troublesome circumstance that comes to steal that Word and say, “Bless God, I have taken God’s promise as my heritage. It’s my future. It’s my life. I refuse to be troubled by the temporary troubles of this world. They’ll pass away but God’s Word will never pass away. God upholds all things by the Word of His power and that Word will come to pass in my life!”
Take a look at these six scriptures and stand on them to build your faith in difficult times.
- Isaiah 41:10: Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.
- Psalm 9:9-10: The Lord is a shelter for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. Those who know your name trust in you, for you, O Lord, do not abandon those who search for you.
- Psalm 145:9: The Lord is good to everyone. He showers compassion on all his creation.
- John 16:33: “I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.”
- Philippians 4:6-7: Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.
- Philippians 4:13: For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.